Black Friday discount (50% off):
I'm Sergio Pereira. I started working in tech in 2010 as a Software Engineer. And since 2014 I've been working as a Startup CTO. I used to work in an office like most people, but since 2017 I've worked fully remote.
That's what this course is about. I'll tell you about my mindset shift around 2017, when I started hiring and managing people around the world. I'll dive into the details of the processes I use, and tell you how important those have been for the performance of my teams.
In these 6 years, I've pivoted from a meeting heavy culture to the async-first culture I have today. It has some challenges and trade offs, and I'll provide you some materials and guidelines to help you adopt it in your company too.
Who's this course for?
- For leaders, to understand the strategic impact of remote work and how to make their companies competitive in the new conditions.
- For managers, to adopt remote-first processes to run their global teams and hire across time zones.
- For employees, to work remotely in a way that is flexible but also productive, while collaborating with team mates around the world.
What's in this video course?
- About the author - 0:00
- Intro - 06:59
- Big picture of remote work - 09:42
- Remote mindset & values - 17:07
- Documentation - 24:49
- Async communication - 38:03
- Deep work - 45:15
- Meetings - 48:16
- Async tools - 1:00:58
- Practical example "How to plan a feature async" - 1:06:30
- Pros & cons of async - 1:16:07
- Common challenges of remote + async - 1:27:38
- Final thoughts - 1:37:16
What materials are included?
- A 1h40m video course lectured by myself (sections outlined above).
- My personal Notion wiki with ready-to-use materials and templates.
- A template to expense this cost to your company's training budget.
- Access forever to all the above.
Expensing the course to your company
In the course materials you'll find a template document for "expense approval request". You can use it to ask your manager or the company's HR for approval to expense the cost of this course to your company. There's also a 2-minute video preview that you can share with your manager, if needed. Once you purchase the course, you'll receive a receipt from Gumroad, which you can use to ask your company for reimbursement.
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.