Black Friday discount (50% off):
Hey, I'm Sergio Pereira 👋
I started working in tech in 2010 as a Software Engineer. And after 6 years working for local companies, in 2016 I landed my first remote job, working remotely for a US-based company. That high USD salary changed my life forever, and I've been working remotely from Portugal to US and UK companies ever since.
That's what this course is about. I've landed multiple remote jobs after that, always following the same steps, and I want to help as many people as I can to go through that same life changing trajectory. Just like I've done since 2016.
Is this a course?
The Remote Jobs Braintrust is three things:
- A cohort based course. There will be 6 live sessions, lectured by myself. I'll deliver a presentation about a different topic each session, and there will be at least 15 minutes of live Q&A each session. I count on everyone to make it interactive. All course sessions are recorded, and recordings are available 24/7 forever.
- A lifetime community membership. Everyone who completes the 6 live sessions will have free lifetime access to a private Slack community, with ongoing discussion about remote jobs. This is where we can help each member with their specific struggles.
- Helpful materials for job seekers. These sticky materials include course slides, session recordings, tips and best practises for everyone in the community. These will be stored in a Notion database and timely announced to the community.
Who's this braintrust for?
Anyone looking for a remote job will benefit from this course + community. Especially those who have skills with high market demand, and who have a few years of relevant work experience in tech.
Working as a Remote CTO I've interviewed and hired hundreds of candidates for remote roles in my teams. I'll lean on that first-hand experience to tell you the things that cause most people to:
- Not getting replies for their remote job applications
- Not being called for interviews
- Failing to get an offer after interviews
What are the content of the 6 live sessions?
- Identify your target role
- Pitch your skills and experience
- Make job opportunities come to you
- How to apply to remote jobs
- Remote interview best practices
- Contract types and Salary dynamics
All live sessions are lectured by Sergio Pereira:
What are the channels in the Slack community?
What are the materials available in the Notion wiki?
- Community rules
- Session recordings and slides
- List of remote companies
- List of job boards and recruiting agencies
- List of tech recruiters
Cristian, from Peru 🇵🇪:
Gaurav, from India 🇮🇳:
Fabricio, from Brazil 🇧🇷:
Martin, from Argentina 🇦🇷:
Bert, from Philippines 🇵🇭:
Raj, from India 🇮🇳:
I look forward to seeing you in the live sessions and in the Slack community soon! DM me on Twitter in case you have any questions.